Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Interrogative Words usd in the Quran

See Part Two
There are 946 Interrogative Words in the Quran (QAC). But actually they are 12 in number without repetition.
Learn the meanings of these words and enrich your Quranic Vocab to master the meaning in the Quickest possible way.
Here is the complete list of those words with their meanings and Frequency.
 
SL
Interrogative
Arabic
Meaning
Frequency
1
>an~aY`
أَنَّىٰ
How
27
2
>aY~
أَيُّ
Which
35
3
>ay~aAn
أَيَّانَ
When
5
4
>ayon
أَيْنَ
Where
12
5
'a
أَ
Will/shall you? Have you?
507
6
hal
هَلْ
Do you?
93
7
kam
كَمْ
How many
20
8
kayof
كَيْفَ
How
80
9
maA
مَا
What
95
10
maA*aA
مَاذَا
What
26
11
man
مَنْ
Who
37
12
mataY`
مَتَىٰ
When
9


Total

946

3 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikum,

    I have found your blog today, alhamdulillah. I truly love what you are doing here. It is JUST what I was looking for - a systematic approach to learning the vocabulary of the Quran.


    JazakAllah khair for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Assalam,

    Thank you for your kind comment.
    Your appreciation will help advance my work.

    Regards
    F. Haque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaamualeykum I have a book Qur'anic Language made easy in this book it show their's 15 interrogative words مِمَّا، عمّ أمْ فيما can help me I'm getting confused about this.
    Jazakallah khair

    ReplyDelete